It was at the Cape Town 2010 Congress of the Lausanne Movement that People on the Move (Diaspora) was launched as a strategic mission focus area for the Global Church. Over the last 12 years, many churches, mission agencies and academia in many regions of the world have embraced the diaspora agenda set out by the Global Diaspora Network. Yet, much more needs to be done. This diaspora consultation in Cape Town hopes to bring together key leaders of church, denominations, mission agencies and networks, missiologists, educators, and practitioners to deliberate on contemporary Christian mission by scattered people of African origin and non-African Christians in Africa. The consultation will include paper presentations, group reflections and critique by participants, networking, worship, prayer, intercession, collaboration and strategizing on diaspora missions in and beyond Africa.
“Africans in Diaspora and Diasporas in Africa”
To convene a catalytic gathering and conversation among leading scholars and practitioners of diaspora missions of Africans worldwide and in Africa.
- • Learn and discuss about mission by and through African diaspora communities worldwide
- • Assess the impact of migration of Asians, Europeans, North and Latin Americans into Africa
- • Explore new horizons of diaspora missions in the contexts of economic migrants, international students, refugees crisis, environmental and political upheavals
- • Compile proceedings of the consultation into a future publication on Diaspora Missiology
ONLINE CONSULTATION REGISTRATION
COST: USD 30 ONLY
Upon verified payment, you will receive a Zoom invite from our end.
- All Registration costs are in US dollars
- GDN receives payment in US dollars using Paypal.
- Credit cards may be used.
- Your receipt will appear as “HEALTH EXCEL MARKETING CORP.”
- If PayPal is NOT AVAILABLE in your country, please contact us at [email protected]
Register Now: Booking ended