A Consultation on Diaspora Missions in and Beyond Asia
“Asians in Diaspora and Diasporas in Asia”
To convene a catalytic gathering and conversation among leading scholars and practitioners of diaspora missions of Asians worldwide and in Asia.
- Learn and discuss about mission by, through and among Asian diasporas worldwide.
- Assess the impact of migration to, within and from Asia.
- Explore new horizons for diaspora missions in the contexts of economic migrants, international students, family migrants, internal migrants and forcibly displaced peoples.
- Create a forum for scholars and practitioners to network and collaborate.
- Compile proceedings of the consultation into a future publication.
Hotel Shalom Jeju
34, Donggwang-ro Jeju City, Jeju Island, S. Korea
Everyone needs to register online and pay the appropriate fees in full. Payment can be made by PayPal and VISA or MasterCard in US dollars. If you are having problems, please email us at [email protected]
All participants are responsible for their travel costs to the consultation venue.
Check visa requirements for your travel to Jeju Island, S. Korea. Tourist visitors from most countries do not need a Visa to enter Jeju Island.
All are expected to arrive in Jeju Island by 12 noon on Tuesday, August 1, 2023.
All are expected to check out from the hotel before 11 AM on Saturday, August 5, 2023.
Upon arrival at Jeju International Airport (CJU), after immigration and baggage pickup, plan to convert your currency to Korean WON and pick up a SIM card for your mobile phone for all your communication needs. The SIM Card needs to be registered for each visitor, and the airport is set up to assist you as needed.
Participants will be picked up from the airport if arriving on July 31st (Monday) and August 1st (Tuesday) and dropped off if leaving on August 5th (Friday) and 6th (Saturday). Arrival/ Departure Form will be sent to you after your registration is received. It needs to be filled out and returned for pick-up and drop off services.
Strongly recommend staying at the Hotel Shalom Jeju where the consultation is held. If you plan to come early (July 28-31) and/or stay back after the consultation (Aug 6-9), you can avail of hotel rooms at special consultation rates. For those dates make your reservation directly with the hotel. The hotel offers free Wi-fi Internet services to all conference participants. Book through www.booking.com
Registration includes breakfast, noon meal, evening meal, and snacks, beginning on Tuesday evening meal of August 1 and ending with the noon meal on Saturday, August 5, 2023.
The diaspora consultation will begin with an evening meal on Tuesday, August 1, 2023, and end with noon meal on Saturday, August 5, 2023.
A Consultation tour is planned on Thursday afternoon, August 3, 2023, for all participants to enhance greater interaction and fellowship. No extra fees are expected.
Participants are encouraged to take all precautionary steps for their personal safety and are recommended to adhere to safety practices.
- All Registration costs are in US dollars
- GDN receives payment in US dollars using Paypal.
- Credit cards may be used.
- Your receipt will appear as “HEALTH EXCEL MARKETING CORP.”
- If PayPal is NOT AVAILABLE in your country, please contact us at [email protected]
Register Now: Booking ended
* Please make sure to use desktop/laptop to register.
Donate: [give_form id=”5731″]